The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.22 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spilled Paint
Could use some advice here.  I have an appointment Thurs. to try to clean up black paint spilled on light colored carpet.  I don't yet know how much of it the homeowner was able to get up, but I was told the can dumped over.

A large amount of dried black paint.  Would you start with acetone then maybe go to POG?  I only have a quart of POG in stock.  I don't think I want to start there.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Test your products with a rag and see what moves the paint to the rag then you know what works best.
spot and boost  test
anomaly  test
hel gel test
pog test
dry solvent cleaner if no water based cleaner moves the paint-----some paints are acrylic based paints that will not come off. Most trim paints now have a shine from acrylic polymers. Solvent clean from interlink is a little safer than going to a paint store and buying solvents but they all can damage the backing unless you mist and rinse.

Large areas of paint will be tough to remove. I have tried hwe with wands and rotary extractors and when the paint is dry it will be slow going.
Hel gel  with 15-20 min dwell time ------maybe a steamer or iron to loosen ------and I would use anomaly diluted 16-20 oz a gallon also and then flush with water.
You will have a lot of nasty paint in your vacuum hoses and recovery tank.
Pads will become throw away if you finish with pads after you have flushed carpet.

or scissors   Violin
learning something new every minute Hands up Laughing
Carpet Cleaning Naples Florida
my youtube channel

[-] The following 1 user Likes joel hoppe's post:
  • alanS
Reply }}
Thanks given by: alanS
Will be interesting to see how much of this black paint spilled. Pig Out and Hel Gel would be your best options, imo. However, how much to remove and how saturated will play big roles on your course of action....
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
[-] The following 1 user Likes thecleaningdude's post:
  • alanS
Reply }}
Thanks given by: alanS
(08-29-2016, 08:33 PM)joel hoppe Wrote: Test your products with a rag and see what moves the paint to the rag then you know what works best.
spot and boost  test
anomaly  test
hel gel test
pog test
dry solvent cleaner if no water based cleaner moves the paint-----some paints are acrylic based paints that will not come off. Most trim paints now have a shine from acrylic polymers. Solvent clean from interlink is a little safer than going to a paint store and buying solvents but they all can damage the backing unless you mist and rinse.

Large areas of paint will be tough to remove. I have tried hwe with wands and rotary extractors and when the paint is dry it will be slow going.
Hel gel  with 15-20 min dwell time ------maybe a steamer or iron to loosen ------and I would use anomaly diluted 16-20 oz a gallon also and then flush with water.
You will have a lot of nasty paint in your vacuum hoses and recovery tank.
Pads will become throw away if you finish with pads after you have flushed carpet.

or scissors   Violin
Thanks Joel, always appreciate your input.
Reply }}
Thanks given by: