The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.22 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wool rugs
Today I cleaned a restaurant with all wool rugs and wool wall to wall carpet. Downstairs (first floor) was the restaurant (higher end) with food stains from like dark sauces and who knows what else and Upstairs was their home with two huge wool area rugs with urine all over them. I'm guessing these stains been there months to years. Couldn't tell you.

I undersold the job telling the owner that the rugs should be washed in a plant and the wall to wall wool rugs may permanently be stained. I also told them that the urine more then likely discolored the wool fibers so I couldn't guarantee that either.

My question here is.... Has anyone really had any luck with this kind of situation? I've been cleaning for over 20 years and never really had sound results with wool. Regular soil I don't have any problems with but old food and urine never seems to come out with low moisture or HWE.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I agree.

Maybe using a reducing agent like red vanish or powdered product would improve old stains but most of the time they do not come out.
learning something new every minute Hands up Laughing
Carpet Cleaning Naples Florida
my youtube channel

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-29-2016, 08:39 PM)joel hoppe Wrote: I agree.

Maybe using a reducing agent like red vanish or powdered product would improve old stains but most of the time they do not come out.

I was going to use the red vanish Joel but I didn't have any for wool and the smell would be to pungent to use. Plus I would of probably went through 10 gallons, lol .
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Am I understanding that you already cleaned the place or you're about to? If the former, what was your process and products used?
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-30-2016, 01:10 AM)thecleaningdude Wrote: Am I understanding that you already cleaned the place or you're about to? If the former, what was your process and products used?

I already cleaned. I used CRB and treated with Encap Green and Peroxcellent (not on the same rugs). OP'd and I  I spotted with suggested spotters but I didn't mention that they already tried cleaning by themselves with home type cleaner and spotter. 

I think these rugs should only be cleaned in a plant (which I always mention)
Reply }}
Thanks given by: