The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.22 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO??
This place is dying or everyone is really busy.  Which is it?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Good question!!!
Reply }}
Thanks given by:

1. Facebook pages have taken over.  The advantage to this forum to me is the ability to search.  Most questions have been asked and answered if a search is performed answers are usually readily available.  Usually a lot less drama and foolishness here too, but to be honest a lot of times the drama on fb is quite entertaining.  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
All the forums have slowed down, some have even shut down. Even the big two aren't what they once were. Perhaps things will change in the future, but for the moment FB, and more importantly its platform, makes things very simple for mobile users. 

However, as Chris mentioned, the forums are much, much better for research and archiving.
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
LOL Nothing to report.. sleep ..just wanted this to go to the top again!   bump
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
The Australian Carpet Cleaners Forum closed down as of November 1.

Sad day for all concerned.

A ton of vital information gone.

Faceless has really screwed the forums.

Sure, it's easy to access, but when you need vital information is a hurry, that's a different story.

Being able to search for reliable information & find it, without the associated garbage, is priceless.

We only have ourselves to blame for allowing this to happen because MANY PEOPLE are just to lazy to be patient with posting photo's etc; & some, too mean to help others out.

There will always be just those that look, & take advantage, but never offer anything of substance.

I believe that this is why the forums are faltering.

Just my thoughts, doesn't mean that I'm right.

Angry    Beer   Angel     hatsoff
[-] The following 2 users Like Lounge Lizards's post:
  • Derek, thecleaningdude
Reply }}
Thanks given by: Derek , thecleaningdude
I agree 100%

Used to love this place as well as other forums. Things have definitely slowed to a crawl around here. Sad indeed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Carpet Cleaning Salinas, Monterey, Pebble Beach Ca
ProGreen Kleen & Floor Care
http://Progreenkleen.net
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lefty724's post:
  • Derek
Reply }}
Thanks given by: Derek
When I decided to transition to LM cleaning with encapsulation this forum was very instrumental in giving me information to make that switch.  You could say it gave me the confidence to make that switch.  It was really helpful to have the back-and-forth with all the people here and to read the older posts.  It is a sad time for sure.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Barry-QDCC's post:
  • Derek
Reply }}
FB is not too different. there is a Search function, i use it weekly. a lot more pictures that is for sure. still the same old drama by the same old drama queens...at least there is Damon's Pad Life which is about as drama-free as it gets.
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
[-] The following 2 users Like Derek's post:
  • Lounge Lizards, thecleaningdude
Reply }}
Thanks given by: Lounge Lizards , thecleaningdude
Shorty mentioned the Australian board closing down. USCleanersnetwork also closed its doors a few months ago as did the ICS forum and All Star Cleaners. Cleaners Lounge, Fat Cat and ES have slowed down tremendously. Facebook has moved the discussion from forums to groups and it has had a big impact. 

However, all are welcome to start threads. This is the single (and only way) to keep things active.
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I used to be on the boards all the time.  I miss the camaraderie.  Just doesn't seem like there's as many hours in the day anymore.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I'm actually going to TRY & limit my wasted time on Facebook.

I intend to TRY & monitor + regulate/update my Facebook business sites more often instead.

[/url]
Talking   [Image: Smiley%20Crap_zpsprcsmcdg.png]     & posting pics of food & liking everyone & Toot Horn my own horn,  well, the gloss has faded for me.

I digress, yep, Facebook for social comment between carpet cleaners to me, is disappointing to say the least.

So if those of you that monitor Facebook no longer see me, then I've remembered & all is well.

If you do see me posting more non-sensible garbage, Use Head then give me a kick & tell me - No Trolls

thanks

[url=http://s101.photobucket.com/user/ShortyDownUnder/media/Smiley%20Crap_zpsprcsmcdg.png.html]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lounge Lizards's post:
  • Derek
Reply }}