The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.22 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orbot bogging down
My Orbot bogs down with a microbeast under it. If I pull the head up slightly buy pushing the handle down it runs fine. But if I leave the full weight on the pad it literally just stops until I pull the head up a bit. It is a well lubed pad on a commercial carpet.Runs great with tuway pads and bonnets.
I only decided to try the micobeast that day to see how they perform, was a large facility and was at it for two days.
Could my motor be weaking?
machine is maybe 6 yrs old.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
hmmm not sure. what kind of pad driver do you have?
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Check your velcro diver. How does it look in the center?
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Has the durapad driver from excellent supply.
 I must say it is good.
I tried the microbeast after running the machine for 6 hrs.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
The centre of the pad driver is good. When i took off the microbeast and put the tuway back on it was fine.
The microbeasts are 19''
i do have 17.5 lbs of weight on the machine never any trouble before.
I did soak the microbeast in water before use then i wrung it out.
This is the first time I ever used the microbeast 2.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2016, 11:51 AM)perry Wrote: The centre of the pad driver is good. When i took off the microbeast and put the tuway back on it was fine.
The microbeasts are 19''
i do have 17.5 lbs of weight on the machine never any trouble before.
I did soak the microbeast in water before use then i wrung it out.
This is the first time I ever used the microbeast 2.

Just spray the dry pad next time.  It is a lot of weight with soaking it.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
That is very possible, I was thinking wet the microbeast like a glad then use.
I will give that a try.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
How wet is the pad before you run it? It would have to be pretty wet to slow it down like that....

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
It was wet like coming out of the washer, like how a glad pad should be.
To be really specific when i wet the microbeast and wrung it out,I put it under the machine turned it on and let all the weight of the machine on the pad, it bogged out and almost stopped for a half a second.

Maybe my motor is losing it torque?

I always push down on the handle to lift the head of the machine a tad bit when I turn it on just to not add anymore pressure to the motor.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
what is Durapad driver?

if it is a red brush, you need to run it dry on concrete for at least 15 minutes to break in the bristles. once they are broken in, i do believe the driver will spin easier.

EDIT** maybe double-check with Ex Supply 1st, but running on concrete is what a lot of us do.
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
A durapad driver is better than the felcro pad driver, instead of felcro it has a a better surface like hooks and grabs the pad better, like on a driver on a floor polisher.
It seems very durable and fits great.
I bought before I knew about the brush driver.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
What would the driver have to do with it bogging down (serious question)? The driver sounds like it's doing it's job of holding the pad. The microfibers take more power sort of like putting two pads together as the driver is turning the top side it takes that much more to turn the underside even though sewn together.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
my guess is the red bristles are too rigid without my "give." once they are "broken in" on concrete, they will bend some in the direction the driver is turning. so they don't bite or dig into the carpet as much.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Were you able to run the pad successfully in the past using this same set up?

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(09-05-2016, 10:13 AM)Derek Wrote: my guess is the red bristles are too rigid without my "give." once they are "broken in" on concrete, they will bend some in the direction the driver is turning. so they don't bite or dig into the carpet as much.

Oh, I see! I have the Velcro and never ran the bristles under oscillation!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rich G's post:
  • Derek
Reply }}
Thanks given by: Derek
Same issue here. I prespray the carpet and just spray the pad. It's because they dig in so well, so you have to go a little slower. Also if you change directions on the carpet one way will be smoother than the other I found. I go forward until it starts to bog then just back up a hair and it starts spinning again. Cleans very well though.
Reply }}
Thanks given by: