The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.22 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Vanish gone bad?
I asked a similar question once before about Red Vanish going bad after months in the van.  It has a very strong smell which it doesn't have when fresh.  

Does anyone notice the effectiveness having gone down when Red Vanish has that strong smell?

How often do you pour out and refresh?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I believe RV has a long shelf life, but the heat may have an impact on this. Curious, have you tried using it? 

Stay tuned and we'll find out the answer to this.
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
http://nostickyresidue.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3779&highlight=vanish
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve Smith's post:
  • Lounge Lizards
Reply }}
Thanks given by: Lounge Lizards
Thanks for the link & the answers.

Living in a tropical climate I am also concerned about these factors.

thanks 

Angel
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I actually don't do many red stain removals using the steamer that I get paid for.  Mostly I spray Red Vanish on spots and tell the customer as it dries overnight the red might "vanish".  I really do not see the final results in most cases - thus I'm not sure what "older" Red Vanish results are.

So if Red Vanish doesn't go bad, why do we get that strong smell as it gets older?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
The reducing agent used in the formula increases in strength of scent as it ages (can't tell you the exact reason, only that it does).  Red Vanish for wool gets even stronger in scent as it ages.  An increase in strength of scent does not equal "gone bad".  Both still work as always.  

Since you are unable to wait for the results when you clean, try this:  Mix 1 part Red Vanish with 2 parts Kool-Aid or Hawaiian Punch.  If that liquid mixture turns to yellow or nearly yellow within 1 to 2 minutes, Red Vanish is still VERY viable.  

Hope this helps,

Steve
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
[-] The following 3 users Like Steve Smith's post:
  • Barry-QDCC, Lounge Lizards, thecleaningdude
Reply }}