The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.25 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What percent of your jobs do you Upsell?
I'm not looking to screw anyone....but I AM looking to make as much money in a home as possible.

I'm not no $9.95 a room guy like Pretty Ignorant Guys . LOL

But we are all in business for ourselves and that's what makes the decision to upsell beautiful. Do it if yunt too....Don't do it if ya don't.

For me? Less jobs-more money

If I don't retire early...at least it won't kill me before I get to.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Two comments on this interesting thread:

My wife took her car to our trusted, long-term mechanic for an oil change. As part of the service he checks some safety items and discovered a large bubble in a tire. It was on the inside of the tire where one wouldn't ordinarily notice it. We bought a new tire. We are very happy he saw it because she drives over 30,000 miles for work each year and it is very important she is safe.

Yes, it is an upsell, but a needed and appreciated one. It would have created a different relationship if he said, "do you want whitewalls with that?"

A comment on "tight" scheduling and upselling - if the customer wants more than you have time for, no one mentioned making an additional appointment to do the additional work OR noting it in your customer's file for the next time you clean for them. Either way your customer gets the work done and you get extra business.

Larry Galler
Small Business Greatness Coach
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-18-2011, 09:08 AM)Larry Galler Wrote: Yes, it is an upsell, but a needed and appreciated one. It would have created a different relationship if he said, "do you want whitewalls with that?"

LOL Larry, that reminds me of bait & switch carpet cleaners that upsell (STEAL) by asking the customer if they would like to have detergent added to the water when they clean. Only $XXX.xx extra for that service.

In your wife's case, they could of asked her, "Would you like for us to inflate the tire? Only $10.00 extra for that service." dance
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-18-2011, 10:13 AM)Steve Smith Wrote:
(04-18-2011, 09:08 AM)Larry Galler Wrote: Yes, it is an upsell, but a needed and appreciated one. It would have created a different relationship if he said, "do you want whitewalls with that?"

LOL Larry, that reminds me of bait & switch carpet cleaners that upsell (STEAL) by asking the customer if they would like to have detergent added to the water when they clean. Only $XXX.xx extra for that service.

In your wife's case, they could of asked her, "Would you like for us to inflate the tire? Only $10.00 extra for that service." dance

NOTE: I said that the mechanic was TRUSTED. He earned that trust the same way that carpet cleaners, physicians, business coaches, and all other businesses do, by running their companies with a high level of integrity. Amazingly, the bait and switchers never get it and they are there in every industry.

Larry Galler
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-18-2011, 12:00 PM)Larry Galler Wrote: Amazingly, the bait and switchers never get it and they are there in every industry.

Larry Galler

Yes Larry they are there in almost every industry ---For A While!

Quality means doing it right when no one is looking...

Henry Ford
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I can't stand those bait and switch guys. Some customers ask me about them all the time.
Nick
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-19-2011, 06:06 AM)Nick P Wrote: I can't stand those bait and switch guys. Some customers ask me about them all the time.
Nick

Nick, if you get questions about other cleaners using bait and switch sales techniques, have a short response ready to use to differentiate yourself from them, but would still allow yourself to offer additional services if you see that they could be of benefit to your client.

"Yes, there are some companies that advertise crazy low prices to get in the door, but they can't possibly stay in business unless they sell their services at a much higher price by using high pressure. I don't know how they sleep at night! I only suggest [insert additional services as appropriate] when I know it will benefit you and I have built my business on a reputation for quality work with integrity."

Larry Galler
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
If you can clean for a low price. Go fo it. But you had better upsell something to stay in business.

Reply }}
Thanks given by: