The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.25 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you ask for Referrals?
Give me your Best Line.

Mrs Robson,
Here are some of my cards with your name on the back. If you could give them to some of your friends they will get 10% off our best price and you will also on your next cleaning.

I want word for word what has worked for you....

Thanks
Quality means doing it right when no one is looking...

Henry Ford
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I dont. I just figure that they will be so amazed by my services and the fact that I put booties on after I was done cleaning there carpet. That they will imediatly facebook everybody and tell them how awesome I am.

What.......? What.........? Why are you looking at me like that?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
What I "say' is different with each customer.

One of the biggest "sales" or "marketing" or whatever you want to call it is knowing how to relate to the customer at hand.

It can be learned but it does take a certain kind of person to master it.

You have to be sincere....and mean it. Honest....and show it. Care....and really care.

People just know.

I usually just ask with a head nod "you know we really appreciate referrals and it would be great if you could tell your friends, family and neighbors".

Often it's not what you say but how you say it.

It also has a lot to do with how you relate to the customer to begin with.

You just can't be a bump on a log the entire job and then put your best smile on for the big ASK for referrals.

This has been a moment with Brian. Wink
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Mark, I get specific.

"Send this to two or three friends" is too easy... and they often forget.

Ask them to send it to someone specific.

Ask if they know their next door neighbors? If they say yes, ask them to go tell 'Randy' how good you are...

This works.

Or

If you see a karate trophy or a golf club or a Bible...these are all things that lead you into easy questions:

do you:

Take Karate
Golf
Go To Church..

They say yes...yo ask how often (as if this is what you are interested in) and they answer... you smile and move on to clean...

When you are done cleaning ask if they are happy with your work?

If the really are...then you say...

"I need a small favor." (hold your fingers up in the manner when you are indicating small)....pause and smile.

Please give those friends in Church/Golf/karate a call and tell them you know a great carpet cleaner. Can you do that for me today?

And when they do... be sure to send an article on Golf/Church/Karate

This system works...and it keeps working....and it costs nothing to join...and nothing to lose..

I promise you..if you try this you will see results unlike any other results you have ever had.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
No I usually just ask for payment! Tongue
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I knew I was doing something wrong...I keep forgetting to ask for payment. Yikes

No wonder I get so many referrals. ConfusedBlush
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-15-2011, 05:50 AM)C Spot Stop Wrote: Mark, I get specific.

"Send this to two or three friends" is too easy... and they often forget.

Ask them to send it to someone specific.

Ask if they know their next door neighbors? If they say yes, ask them to go tell 'Randy' how good you are...

This works.

Or

If you see a karate trophy or a golf club or a Bible...these are all things that lead you into easy questions:

do you:

Take Karate
Golf
Go To Church..

They say yes...yo ask how often (as if this is what you are interested in) and they answer... you smile and move on to clean...

When you are done cleaning ask if they are happy with your work?

If the really are...then you say...

"I need a small favor." (hold your fingers up in the manner when you are indicating small)....pause and smile.

Please give those friends in Church/Golf/karate a call and tell them you know a great carpet cleaner. Can you do that for me today?

And when they do... be sure to send an article on Golf/Church/Karate

This system works...and it keeps working....and it costs nothing to join...and nothing to lose..

I promise you..if you try this you will see results unlike any other results you have ever had.

Might I add Awesome Phil....
You get a new middle initial too A.... for ?
Quality means doing it right when no one is looking...

Henry Ford
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Apple?

I like apple pie.

and apple martinis.

And chocolate martinis.

And pizza.

Now I am hungry,

See what you did?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I received this form submission this morning.
I guess she didn't see the "email" link under the phone number. Good Job

Quote:QC_McKinney_Name = Judy S//////
QC_McKinney_EMail = jxxxxx@gmail.com
QC_McKinney_Comments = Somehow I lost your e-mail address to send a review of the excellent job you did. If you like, would you please re-send it.

I've been actually sending emails after I speak with them about referrals and reviews. It has a link to my Google Places page so it makes it easy for them to find and post.

Footnote: For the record I did confuse referrals with reviews when I re-found this thread. lol....but it still works. Tongue
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I mail 5 arounds after each job asking the homeowner to ask their neighbor about me and my services....thats sort of a reverse referral....

....and, I ask for referrals in my thank you letter, which includes 3 referral cards discounting the referee's next job and the referred's first job. I may mention at the time of payment that I would appreciate any referrals.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-20-2011, 08:45 PM)Marc Imbesi Wrote: I mail 5 arounds after each job asking the homeowner to ask their neighbor about me and my services....thats sort of a reverse referral....

....and, I ask for referrals in my thank you letter, which includes 3 referral cards discounting the referee's next job and the referred's first job. I may mention at the time of payment that I would appreciate any referrals.

Way to go Marc... you will reap the rewards over time.hatsoff
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by: