The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.25 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injection sprayer photos and explanation
Ok, I know this has been done before by other carpet cleaners...they helped me get it together. lol

It's a whole new world to me so forgive me if I'm a little giddy. Blush

The injection sprayer set up works great.

I bucket tested it today and it draws 10oz of juice to a half gallon sprayed. That tells me I need to mix Peroxcellent 50/50 with water in the sprayer jug...which I will be doing tomorrow. Money saver. lol

Again...It's just a 75ft garden hose from the house to a smaller and prettier hose for the inside of the house. That pretty hose is hooked directly to the injection sprayer. The pressure from the house spiggot has been really good. I've got my pump and keg if needed.

I've used all the 75ft hose and the 65ft pretty hose 1 time.
Most other times it more than enough length.

Here are some pics...I re-organized my truck too. clap

The complete set up for spraying...endless juice with no refilling (almost)

[Image: sprayer.jpg?t=1303175869]

Regular pressure washer QC to keep the flow open.

[Image: sprayer2.jpg?t=1303175927]

Same deal from the hose...with an adapter...again...open flow. ( I know the smaller hose chokes it some...but not much.

[Image: sprayer3.jpg?t=1303175988]

My back up sprayer....I run clean water from the keg and pump to the injection sprayer....so the inerds won't get eatin.

[Image: sprayer4.jpg?t=1303176084]

I put a cool holder in the truck. 3 bucks home depot. Big Grin

[Image: sprayer5.jpg?t=1303176148]

The complete set up
[Image: sprayer7.jpg?t=1303176245]

Thanks for putin up with me. Hands up Laughing
Another angle

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I switched the Male QC on the sprayer so I could use the pressure washer type QCs. They don't have the nipple inside to cut the flow off when disconnected.

I'm going to put a ball valve on the end of the hose right before it goes into the smaller hose so I don't have to run to the spiggot to shut it off.

Easy to switch out the jugs from Peroxcellent, to fresh water (to rinse), to Scotchgard or maybe to some hot mix killer nasty juice if I want. Good Job

This is a HUUUUUGGGGEEE time saver for me. The bigger houses I might need more than the 5 gallons in the keg and would have to fill mid job.

Just having to mix at every new job was a PITA anyway.

Now I just hook the garden hose and go. I'll probably use a jug full a day unless really busy or bad carpets.

The pump on the keg didn't shut off on it's own so everytime I sprayed a new room I would have to plug it in....and then unplug it when done.
So I had to strategically place the plug throughout the house to keep some kind of organization going.....again PITA.

I'll cut off a few minutes per job at least.

The 70 psi pump gets a little better flow going...but it isn't enough to want to pull it out every job.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-18-2011, 08:33 PM)Brian R Wrote: I switched the Male QC on the sprayer so I could use the pressure washer type QCs. They don't have the nipple inside to cut the flow off when disconnected.

I'm going to put a ball valve on the end of the hose right before it goes into the smaller hose so I don't have to run to the spiggot to shut it off.

Easy to switch out the jugs from Peroxcellent, to fresh water (to rinse), to Scotchgard or maybe to some hot mix killer nasty juice if I want. Good Job

This is a HUUUUUGGGGEEE time saver for me. The bigger houses I might need more than the 5 gallons in the keg and would have to fill mid job.

Just having to mix at every new job was a PITA anyway.

Now I just hook the garden hose and go. I'll probably use a jug full a day unless really busy or bad carpets.

The pump on the keg didn't shut off on it's own so everytime I sprayed a new room I would have to plug it in....and then unplug it when done.
So I had to strategically place the plug throughout the house to keep some kind of organization going.....again PITA.

I'll cut off a few minutes per job at least.

The 70 psi pump gets a little better flow going...but it isn't enough to want to pull it out every job.
Get a shower adapter for your garden hose. Then you can use hot water from the shower. I know you won't have just pretty hose in the house but you could suk it up and buy some pretty garden hose. If you search really hard you might be able to find some "Pink Mary Kay" Sparkley hose.
Quality means doing it right when no one is looking...

Henry Ford
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
As tempted as I am to be a smart@$$ I have to admit....

you have given this a lot of thought.

I admire that.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Smartassness is usually appreciated. Tongue

Rick, why not just hook it up to the hot water heater. There is usually a spiggot on those....Probably a pain, and the crap at the bottom of some of those heaters would probably clog me up.

I'll have to see about getting a shower adaptor....any idea where I can ge one?

Wonder what the pressure and volume would be like?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Brian, If your home was in Canada, your volume & pressure would be the same - obviously test it.

You can get a sink or shower adapter at home depot etc - look for a porty dishwasher QD style of connector

I am impressed that you did take photos BTW, decent setup for sure.

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Time will tell if the those BRASS QC's will hold up with Peroxcellent going through. Peroxcellent doesn't like brass. Or should I say, BRASS doesn't like Oxidizers or low pH. Your 5 gallon stainless steel Pepsi tank will not be a problem with Peroxcellent.

If your injection sprayer has a 8:1 tip and holds 160oz (5 quarts), to get 10oz per gallon on the carpet, add 105 oz of Peroxcellent to an empty sprayer and fill with water. That is exactly the same as using 10oz per gallon with your pepsi sprayer.

[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
It just seems like a lot of work vs an electric sprayer. Tongue

Seriously in these parts you need to be careful using people's water, winters are harsh enough here that they can break pipes.

The first person to use it gets the blame, one of the primary reasons we carry our own water.

Brian turn the water on and wait for the water to stop running, if it stops proceed. If it just continues to run, there could be a problem.

Shut the water off quickly...............quickly load the truck and quickly get the down the road! Yikes
J/K
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-19-2011, 05:08 AM)Steve Smith Wrote: Time will tell if the those BRASS QC's will hold up with Peroxcellent going through. Peroxcellent doesn't like brass. Or should I say, BRASS doesn't like Oxidizers or low pH. Your 5 gallon stainless steel Pepsi tank will not be a problem with Peroxcellent.

If your injection sprayer has a 8:1 tip and holds 160oz (5 quarts), to get 10oz per gallon on the carpet, add 105 oz of Peroxcellent to an empty sprayer and fill with water. That is exactly the same as using 10oz per gallon with your pepsi sprayer.

Crap...I don't know if it's an 8:1. How can I tell?
Since there is 128 oz in a gallon I would almost use an entire gallon of Peroxcellent in the jug.
I think I am using way more than that right now.
I filled half gallon jug while sucking up 10oz of Peroxcellent through the sprayer.
I believe I should have at least sprayed a gallon whilst sucking up the 10oz right?

I would think the sprayer is a 4:1 ratio right now then...that would be double.

Forgive my ignorance but that ratio is 4 parts water to 1 part chem right?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
By the way...I'm running fresh water all the way to the sprayer so as long as I clean out the sprayer everyday then the brass parts shouldn't do too bad....I hope.

The one thing I was worried about was the pump. It must have some brass parts in it...or maybe it was the qcs but it would spray rust everywhere for a few on the first job of the day if I didn't rinse it the night before.

Side note...having fresh water to the sprayer is better for my hands when they get wet too. It's just water ...not Peroxcellent...and my hands don't get so dry now. lol

I can be such a girl sometimes. Tongue
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
like Richard, if I was to use client water - I would only dream of using an inside tap - hot water preferred.
Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
The standard dilution ratio for the High-Pressure HydroForce is 1:8 as it comes from the factory. The Low-Pressure Hydro-Force has a standard dilution ratio of 1:4

They do sell a tip kit where you can change out the tips to draw up what ever you chose.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-19-2011, 08:28 AM)Richardc Wrote: It just seems like a lot of work vs an electric sprayer. Tongue

I know you're kidding but let's do a comparison

Injection sprayer has unlimited power (no plug in or battery)

Injection sprayer Should be able to spray 10 gallons or more of RTU before filling the jug again (compared to 2 or 3 maybe 5 with an electric)

Battery sprayer doesn't need a long garden hose...but it makes up for it in the constant filling.

Battery sprayer is probably more compact But I think it's easier to change the jug on the injection sprayer from juice, to water, to scotchgard etc.

Hmmm anything else?

Oh, it's less expensive for the injection sprayer set up.

Battery sprayer arount $400.00

Injection set up was about $200.00.
$140.00 for sprayer
$30.00 for hose
$20.00 connectors
$10.00 for pretty hose
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
On another note (damn I can go on and on ugh)

Carrying your own water on the truck with a real pump would allow for the same deal.

Then it's almost a TM at that point I guess.

What do the pest control guys use?

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-19-2011, 09:58 AM)Brian R Wrote:
(04-19-2011, 05:08 AM)Steve Smith Wrote: Time will tell if the those BRASS QC's will hold up with Peroxcellent going through. Peroxcellent doesn't like brass. Or should I say, BRASS doesn't like Oxidizers or low pH. Your 5 gallon stainless steel Pepsi tank will not be a problem with Peroxcellent.

Crap...I don't know if it's an 8:1. How can I tell?
Since there is 128 oz in a gallon I would almost use an entire gallon of Peroxcellent in the jug.
I think I am using way more than that right now.
I filled half gallon jug while sucking up 10oz of Peroxcellent through the sprayer.
I believe I should have at least sprayed a gallon whilst sucking up the 10oz right?

I would think the sprayer is a 4:1 ratio right now then...that would be double.

Forgive my ignorance but that ratio is 4 parts water to 1 part chem right?

Didn't you any information with the purchase of the sprayer? If not give the mfg a call with the model #. It is most likely an 8:1, but check with them to be sure. 4:1 seems way to high to to me. Yes, 4:1 means 4 parts water and 1 part juice. Total of 5 parts.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I just remembered the specs on it said the ratio changes with the pressure.
I'll have to go look at it.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
No I was not kidding, not knocking you either but it would just be my preference to use the electric sprayer.

Ok you beat me in parts but labor for me is the big killer, maybe as an owner op your time maybe different?

The setup and tear down per job would be a time savings that I would have using the electric sprayer.

Our WDR guys have 2.5 gallons of premixed anti-microbials (*we also use Injection Sprayer for carpet cleaning so it ruins my example) and just switch jugs as we run low on the job site.

However I am glad you got it working for you and you're happy with it! Others may want to do the same, so you if you get a chance you might list what you did, show the parts and how you did it. Cool

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Quote:On another note (damn I can go on and on ugh)

Carrying your own water on the truck with a real pump would allow for the same deal.

Then it's almost a TM at that point I guess.

What do the pest control guys use?
They use a small gas fired motor to drive the pressure pump.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-19-2011, 10:27 AM)Brian R Wrote: I just remembered the specs on it said the ratio changes with the pressure.

Brian, if the ratio changes with the pressure, you are screwed unless you check the water pressure at each place you use it. Water pressure can change dramatically from local to local.crying
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-19-2011, 10:36 AM)Steve Smith Wrote:
(04-19-2011, 10:27 AM)Brian R Wrote: I just remembered the specs on it said the ratio changes with the pressure.

Brian, if the ratio changes with the pressure, you are screwed unless you check the water pressure at each place you use it. Water pressure can change dramatically from local to local.crying

I hear ya...and I understood that when I was figuring this whole thing out.
I'm pretty sure all injection sprayer ratios change with pressure so whattyagonnado.

I'll have to go by the "feel" method. So far I've been cleaning really well with the set up.

Reply }}
Thanks given by: