The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.25 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injection sprayer photos and explanation
I wonder what would happen if I put my 70 PSI pump inline.

Would it boost or regulate the pressure?

Almost defeats the purpose...but there is still the unlimited water thing.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
You could put a Watts Pressure Regulator in line to make sure it won't go any higher, but that won't help you if it drops lower.

We have pretty strong pressure here at out shop and on some of the TM's have put a regulator on the fresh water box to keep from prematurely wearing out the float valve pistons.
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Check with Lee and see what he did, he had to have been dealing with the same issue.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-19-2011, 10:27 AM)Richardc Wrote: No I was not kidding, not knocking you either but it would just be my preference to use the electric sprayer.

Ok you beat me in parts but labor for me is the big killer, maybe as an owner op your time maybe different?

The setup and tear down per job would be a time savings that I would have using the electric sprayer.

Our WDR guys have 2.5 gallons of premixed anti-microbials (*we also use Injection Sprayer for carpet cleaning so it ruins my example) and just switch jugs as we run low on the job site.

However I am glad you got it working for you and you're happy with it! Others may want to do the same, so you if you get a chance you might list what you did, show the parts and how you did it. Cool

I think the set up and tear down time equals out because you can go longer without refilling the injection sprayer.

The endless water was a big reason for doing this because I hate stopping in the middle of a job to refill.
Or even just filling at the beginning of the job.

This is cool because for the most part I just hook up the hose, turn it on and I'm live.

Before I would pour 20oz of Peroxcellent in the can, fill up a 2 gallon jug and then pour it in the can. and then still have to hook up the pretty hose (not to mention lugging the can)

You get the picture.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Not really but since you've already made the purchase and used the equipment I'll leave you alone! Tongue

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-19-2011, 10:46 AM)Richardc Wrote: Check with Lee and see what he did, he had to have been dealing with the same issue.

He said he just hooked it up to the garden hose like I'm doing.

I'll ask again to make sure.

I bugged the hell out of him to get the "complete" set up so I don't think he would have left that part out. Who knows?

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Lee is a great guy and likes to help I'm sure it was no bother for him.

He's also a very patient man, unlike me who gets annoyed with you! Tongue

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Brian....I am usually in your corner, but this idea aint cutting it for me. Electric sprayer is well worth the $$ and looks more professional. What is the big deal mixing a few jugs (2gals each) of solution for the day and changing out when emptied? Wayyy too much thought and effort has been wasted IMO. Hit the internet and marketing, thats your strength.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-19-2011, 11:17 AM)Marc Imbesi Wrote: Brian....I am usually in your corner, but this idea aint cutting it for me. Electric sprayer is well worth the $$ and looks more professional. What is the big deal mixing a few jugs (2gals each) of solution for the day and changing out when emptied? Wayyy too much thought and effort has been wasted IMO. Hit the internet and marketing, thats your strength.

Lol. I'm just having fun with it Marc. I really enjoy this stuff.

I'm not sure one is more pro looking than the other...It's all about what you bring in the home.

I think it looks very pro to have the injection sprayer in hand rather than a just a spray gun...if the battery sprayer is out of the room.

If the battery sprayer IS in the room....it looks pro...but I like the injection sprayer look better...It may give the illusion that there is more going on outside...know what I mean?

The biggest thing is the dilution ratio for me right now.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Dog and Pony show! Rolleyes

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Image is everything. hatsoff
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I tried out my 70 psi pump today with the injection sprayer.
It wasn't as good as when hooked up to the home spiggot but it worked well enough.

I thought for sure it would work better. Oh well.

When I tried the pump with just a spray gun it really worked well so I just figure it would work well with the injection sprayer.

I guess the Injections sprayer restricts it a good amount.

I wonder if there is a way to make it work better without trashing the inerds too much?

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Now that I think about it...the house spiggot probably has more volume than the 70psi pump.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I sold some scotchgard today and it made me remember another reason for getting the injection sprayer.

The scotchgard jug can be used with the injection sprayer and you can switch it out really quick.

Time saver. happy

Not to mention if the customer sees you using it like that I think looks pro and adds credibility.

Coolio.Hands up Laughing

By the way....when will spellcheck ever learn the correct spelling of Scotchgard? PigsFly
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Quote:The scotchgard jug can be used with the injection sprayer and you can switch it out really quick.

Time saver.
I don't think an injection sprayer is the best way to apply protector.

Granted while convenient, you're going to use more product than a pump up or electric sprayer. You'll also get inconsistant application, when you first trigger you're going to get a stronger inital blast, leaving more product in those spots.

You're also going to un-necessarily aersolizing product. While you can limit that some with a larger teejet and keeping your spray wand down lower to the carpet, it will still create some vapor.

Psssst!
It's not good for your clients to breathe, but really not good for you since you're exposed to it far more than any single client.

Lets see so what have we learned here?
You're wasting product
You're not applying it consistantly
You're possibly endangering your client, but most likely yourself.

Oh but it is convenient? Yikes When it the protector Peroxcellent coming out?

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Damn...way to harsh my mellow bro. LOL

I was going to dig deep and justify what I'm doing but you make too good sense damn it. Dodgy

Does grooming the carpet help with spreading it even?Shy

If I'm putting too much product I could probably dilute it...but I just won't know exactly how much I'm putting down (not sure anyone does).

I wasn't aware of the harsh effects of breathing scotchgard other than normal stuff we put down.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Sorry! Blush

But those are the reasons we don't use our injection sprayers for spraying protector. We injection for precondition and dedicated electric sprayers for protector and another one for antimicrobials.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Cool Rich. Thanks for the heads up.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-21-2011, 06:27 PM)Brian R Wrote: Damn...way to harsh my mellow bro. LOL

I was going to dig deep and justify what I'm doing but you make too good sense damn it. Dodgy

Does grooming the carpet help with spreading it even?Shy

If I'm putting too much product I could probably dilute it...but I just won't know exactly how much I'm putting down (not sure anyone does).

I wasn't aware of the harsh effects of breathing scotchgard other than normal stuff we put down.

You will know exactly how much you are putting down with a pump up or a pepsi sprayer specifically loaded for Scotchguard.

I know you think a pump up sprayer is only for killing Dandelions.

Quality means doing it right when no one is looking...

Henry Ford
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I've got a pump up sprayer still in the box in the back of my truck...just in case (pun).

I hate extra steps...always have.

I've always liked something "better" to remove or relieve a step or 2.

Just switching over jugs is really a breeze.

I'm sure the amount I'm putting down isn't going to vary so much that it will be ineffective.

But I guess there's a reason it says right on the label...

"Not recommended for applying protectants"

LOL
Reply }}
Thanks given by: