The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.23 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blod stain redo
Last week I went to do a spot clean for a PM company, an old lady fell down at the entryway and bled on some indoor out door carpet. (looks kinda like astroturf, but softer) ANyway I hit it with Peroxcellent and it bubbled up like crazy.

Let it dwell a long time then paded, then dry padded. Looked like it came out perfect. SO this morring I get a call asking me to redo it. says the spot is still there and looks no different.

I'm wondering if I should use something else? Or if this is just a wicking issue, ?. WHat do you advise. I have all of Steves spotters , and a few others to work with.

Thanks
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(05-23-2011, 07:24 PM)Andy Mc Wrote: Last week I went to do a spot clean for a PM company, an old lady fell down at the entryway and bled on some indoor out door carpet. (looks kinda like astroturf, but softer) ANyway I hit it with Peroxcellent and it bubbled up like crazy.

Let it dwell a long time then paded, then dry padded. Looked like it came out perfect. SO this morring I get a call asking me to redo it. says the spot is still there and looks no different.

I'm wondering if I should use something else? Or if this is just a wicking issue, ?. WHat do you advise. I have all of Steves spotters , and a few others to work with.

Thanks

Yes, most likely a wicking issue. I'd spend more time hand spotting--dig in deep with your Peroxcellent and absorbent toweling. Dry with airmover or hairdryer to prevent another wick back.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Blood is always hard. It has been for me at least.

I haven't OPed any blood yet and I don't look forward to it.

Plenty of Peroxcellent...then pad...then Peroxcellent...then pad etc.

That would be the way I would do it.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
blood certainly a pain

do you have a tm cold temp per chance? I doubt you will get there with perox, unless you get most of it out before you get the perox to finish it. Blood removers are made from ammonia so that may help as well - if well ventilated.

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Don't feel bad, use it as a learning experience, blood is usually not a one attempt removal. Even with HWE you can't flush it all out at one time, as it dries you'll get some spots that will return.

Protein spotters, ammonia (like Con mentioned) and even a dab of rust remover will work on blood.

We always let them know ahead of time that complete removal may take a couple of trips.
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Con,
Can you suggest a proten spotter to use, from Jon Don , they have a 1 day shipping to me. I have a tm that can run cold water. But seems like OP would be better, cause this is more like a hard surface then carpet, it's in a breeze way, kinda out side like.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Andy... Spot-N-Boost should do the trick quite well. If you don't have any, just use a strong dilution of Intensity RED.
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I used to use the Stain Zone or Red One for blood and it would just "eat" it up.

I wonder how well Red Vanish would work on blood?

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Sorry Andy, I have no idea what JD sells for blood. I know Esteam sells blood remover - aka ammonia, but no idea what % their formula is, but I am sure it is more % than found at the grocery store.

I dont think Red vanish would that much for it.

Andy, do you use any 2 part coffee remover? The ammonia component would help.

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I have Steve's problem be gone as my 2 part.

I never thought of trying spot n boost. Thanks Steve.

SO, How does this plan sound?..

Spot n boost, blot real well , then hit with problem b gone for any left over stain? What do ya think about that?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
... and keep it on the dry side so that you avoid wicking.
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Sounds like there is no pad under it.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(05-24-2011, 11:48 AM)Pigchip Wrote: Sounds like there is no pad under it.

Nope, no pad. It's a hard flat surface, hardly any nap to it at all.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Spot n Boost like Steve said or an enzyme detergent (blood is protein).
Danny Guerra
All Green Floor & Carpet Care
Carpet Cleaning Palmdale Ca
www.allgreencare.com
https://www.youtube.com/user/allgreencare

“Optimists are those who go after Moby dick in a row boat with a bucket of tarter sauce.” Zig Ziglar

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Haven't used Perexcellent for blood yet, I am sure it works great , but always found 1 cup water, 1 cup hydrogen peroxide 30-40 Volume plus 1 oz oxygen bleach removed it quickly, even on a murder scene I cleaned up, that last spot? No problem, that usually is the "rust" from the iron in the blood, hit it with rust assassin and it will be history.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Who did you kill John? Tongue
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I can't remember what you said you used, and I ain't going back to look, but if you used Perox. at 10 oz's per gallon, you may not have removed all the blood. I have found that for some spots like blood and urine, you have to mix it heavier ... like 3 parts water to 1 part Perox.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Thanks pig! I did use Peroxcellent at 10 oz, it looked like it hadled it just fine, perhaps this was just a wickback?. I'll try all that was advised and report back, were setting it up for thursday as I'm cleaning an apartment there anyhew.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I am anxious to read what happened.

Reply }}
Thanks given by: