The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More than just a cleaner ...
(07-12-2011, 05:42 PM)C Spot Stop Wrote: Me?

Hell no. I married her.

I didn't know my ex was in Florida.

Has she lost any weight?

Please keep her down there. I will pay you to keep her there....

Thanks by the way.

Rick
Quality means doing it right when no one is looking...

Henry Ford
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I've read this thread a few times and every time I look at the heading, "More than just a cleaner..." I get bothered with the use of the word "just." In this use, it puts your profession down as in, "Oh he is just a cleaner."

Your profession has real value. You help make your clients show pride and better enjoy their surroundings and help make them healthier. Build your profession up, don't lower your value ever because, if you lower your value, your clients and prospects will lower it also.

I know that it was sort of a casual remark, but if other people see it, it will have a negative impact on them.

Larry Galler
Small Business Greatness Coach
http://www.oneyeartogreatness.com

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Larry let's get real here.

It was a post by another "cleaner" , amongst other cleaners.

No one else is going to see it.

And we all know about the lowered self esteem thing.

Should we call our selves professional cleaning engineers for gawds sake?

And have our customers laugh at us?

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I swear I had a guy customer tell me once that he went through 8 years of college and I still made more money per hour than him.

I'm cool with being "just" a cleaner.

PS. He was really upset when he said it. lol
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-15-2011, 11:25 AM)Jimmy Wrote: ....And have our customers laugh at us?

Come on now jImBo... you know darn well when they see that hed of yourn they are gonna laugh no what you call yourself.Down Laughing
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I'm afraid that Larry is just not in touch with us cleaners.

Other than generalized marketing concepts that I could get in a book at a library or already know I don't see why he's here.

Duel
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
To remind you that you are not just another cleaner.

Speaking of books:

Winning Friends and Influencing People

Read it.

Angel.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Tough crowd over here Larry... I'm sure you have figured that already though.Wink
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Don't care much with winning friends or enFlUeNCinG them neither.

With the voices in my head I already have enough friends.

I will get you
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Yes Steve, you did warn me but I haven't seen anything that I can't deal with.

Jimmy is right when he said that what I have posted is about "generalized marketing concepts" that is "available in books" or that "he already knows."

There is probably nothing that a business coach or consultant or marketing agency or advertising agency does that is not "generalized" or "available in books." We work on specifics when we have specific issues to deal with.

Running a small business isn't rocket science but it is amazing how few people get it right and truly satisfy their ambitions. Interestingly most of those who do build great businesses accept and understand their personal limitations and seek outside advice and guidance of consultants and coaches - they go to to seminars where they hear material that is available in books, they seek to expand their thinking capacity, and are looking to constantly learn more about how to better ply their trade, market their business better, manage their business better, and inspire their staff to do their jobs in a more systemized fashion to reduce stress and make more $.

As for the "I don't see why he's here" part of it, I think the reason Steve invited me here is to stimulate business-building thinking and conversation on a wide array of business management and marketing topics which, of course, I enjoy doing and, after writing a weekly newspaper column for almost ten years, am uniquely qualified to do.

The point I raised about the word "just" is that I strongly believe that professional cleaners / restorers do a difficult and important job for your clients, one you should take real pride in. The original story about being helpful to someone in addition to doing your work is a bonus, but if you diminish it be saying you are "just" a cleaner you are taking something away from a very good deed.

Larry Galler
Small Business Greatness Coach
http://www.oneyeartogreatness.com

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Yeah Jimmy....That was kind of an donkey thing to say. wow
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Actually, Steve invited you here just to balance out the stupid things Brian suggests.

LOL
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Thank God for that Tongue
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-15-2011, 05:32 PM)Pigchip Wrote: Actually, Steve invited you here just to balance out the stupid things Brian suggests.

LOL

Brian had a good idea.

I do not recall it, but he had one.

Larry, only one guys wonders why you are here. 37 wish I wasn't.

And the one guy...is jImMy.

Like that counts.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Well to be honest I usually scroll on by Larry's posts because they are so bOrInG.

I don't need no lecture from someone trying to sell something.

And Phil I have a dream where you are on stage with your "G" rated comedy show . On a Disney cruise where the opening act is a balloon twister. And there I am in the back row. I then reach down and throw one of my turds loaded with nails to finally get you off stage.

Yikes
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-15-2011, 08:31 PM)Jimmy Wrote: Well to be honest I usually scroll on by Larry's posts because they are so bOrInG.

I don't need no lecture from someone trying to sell something.

And Phil I have a dream where you are on stage with your "G" rated comedy show . On a Disney cruise where the opening act is a balloon twister. And there I am in the back row. I then reach down and throw one of my turds loaded with nails to finally get you off stage.

Yikes

Maybe time to take your medsYikes
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Disney won't let perverts on their boats.

You must have been a on 'fairy' boat.

Angel.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-15-2011, 03:11 PM)C Spot Stop Wrote: To remind you that you are not just another cleaner.

Speaking of books:

Winning Friends and Influencing People

Read it.

Angel.

I sent that book to Yimmy a few years back after Yeadon talked me into buying it. Yimmy sent it back to me 3 days later along with a copy of "The Art of Seduction" I learned 3 times as much from the Yimmys book than from Winning Friends one.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
All kidding aside:

I have heard the Art Of Seduction is a killer book!

Ok, game on.,
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I was in St Louis last week at the Totally Booked University workshop and was very impressed with Larry's segment of the program.

He talked about planting seeds and cultivation, something I would think a Cornhusker could understand. Tongue

Seriously though, Larry approach isn't pushy, you either want him or you don't, he is not high pressure.

Give him a chance Jimmy, he's a good guy!
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by: