The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.23 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Encapping bad for Daycares and Houses with dogs and Children
I saw a thread on Truckmount Forums about Encapping being unhealthy in homes with small kids and Dogs. Here is my opinion I dont think it is but for the sake of argument lets say it was wouldnt it be more unhealthy having dirty carpets.
Andy Kramer
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Why would it be unhealthy?
That presupposes you are not removing the contaminates.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I believe the idea here is that HWE cleaning is more of a rinsing process and is better at removing biological contaminants than encap cleaning which relies on crystallization and subsequent vacuuming.

You're allowed to think however you prefer, though.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I can see arguments on both sides. I doubt I would use an encapping product in a daycare - maybe perox - but other non encapping juices would perform just fine in a daycare IMO

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Rub-a-dub-dub ... good grief.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
We would probably HWE it to to be sure to flush out all the cooties.

Would encap still clean it, yes I agree it's much better than dirty carpet. If I were to do it low moisture I'd use Peroxcellent.
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
If I were to use low moisture in this situation I would definitely choose pad cleaning with Peroxylent over encap. At least, that way, I would take some soil with me and sleep a little better.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I think some relate encap to padcap...I made that mistake in the beginning.

Every process leaves something in the carpet to replace the dirt.
Even the fresh water rinse guys are leaving something.

Any process can leave "Un-Healthy" products in the carpet when done.

I think that is the argument against Encap...NOT taking any dirt out...until it dries..Then vac.

Worried about leaving too much juice in the carpet.

But when HWE takes 1/2 a day or longer to dry...There's still stuff being left in the carpet.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
LOL ... yeah boy ... all that unhealthy water ....
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Quote:But when HWE takes 1/2 a day or longer to dry...There's still stuff being left in the carpet.
Yes I agree every system leaves some residual behind but hopefully in the HWE process most of the contaminents are flushed out.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-26-2011, 02:08 PM)Pigchip Wrote: LOL ... yeah boy ... all that unhealthy water ....

Yeah, that's the ticket.

Lose your Modship Pigmaster?

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't be concerned with the kids. They're just gonna puke and piss all over the rugs again anyway. Dogs however are a different story Tongue

I'd probably use John's Abstraction VLM in that situation. I use that when the custy wants green. It's green and cleans well. You could pad or HWE with that.

Pick your poison Dodgy
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Brian, have you ever performed or observed quality HWE cleaning?

If not, you've got something ahead of you to consider.

There's no way I could ever get most carpets we clean to an acceptable degree of cleanliness if we did not HWE.

Yeah, they might look okay, but carpet can hide a lot. I know because I use that dynamic daily.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I used a TM on plenty of rat nasty jobs. Almost an entire year of using it.

Then I went back to a porty...

now.... VLM only.

Save the TM argument for the uneducated.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Pardon me for giving my 2 cents.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Off Topic a little what do you guys think of the Steamon Demon?
I haven't seen it in action but I hear different concerns about it.
Can someone elobrate on it?
Thanks
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-26-2011, 06:14 PM)Steve Lawrence Wrote: Brian, have you ever performed or observed quality HWE cleaning?

If not, you've got something ahead of you to consider.

There's no way I could ever get most carpets we clean to an acceptable degree of cleanliness if we did not HWE.

Yeah, they might look okay, but carpet can hide a lot. I know because I use that dynamic daily.

Hey Steve,
I was a Chem-Dry guy for years...Parents. Went to a porty after that and then owned a Steam Genie then a White Magic HO for years.

It's a good process...I did really well with it.

The OP method is less expensive, a little harder work, Less issues with maintenance, less expensive again and still does a great job in my opinion.

I'm edgumacated and what not. LOL

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Nick

I hear the Demon is a flushing machine, that can't be compared to. If you have soiled carpet it can really do a job on it. The guys I know that have them love them when they use them.

I also hear it hates foam, and you must have defoam on hand or it will be a long day for you. The floor also must be level or you'll lose suction and create wet spots that cause you trouble the following day.

We almost bought one for a building we maintain but in the end didn't need it. We will probably get one eventually.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
thanks Richard. I would really like to see one in action. I might go down to Excellent Supply some day and ask for a demonstration.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
why does any one poster assume another poster has targeted him?

My remarks are at the argument....not the arguer.

The entire debate is fickle and without foundation.
Reply }}
Thanks given by: