The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.25 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
encap green or hot knife?
Which do you prefer and why?

Or do you use them for different situations?

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(10-18-2010, 02:29 PM)Jimmy Wrote: Which do you prefer and why?

Or do you use them for different situations?

I can only answer for myself and I'm sure others will differ with me.

1. If I only did commercial and had to make a choice I would choose Hot Knife; especially if I was using a Cimex cuz it will foam more than Encap GREEN... in fact we recently made a change to Hot Knife to make it foam even more (cleans a bit better than older formula too).

3. On residential if I had to make a choice I would choose Encap GREEN... GREEN is a better selling aspect and it has good deoderizing qualities too, whereas Hot knife does not deoderize and is not GREEN.

Personally, I like keeping things simple so, overall, I would probably just choose Encap GREEN for everything... Many swear that it will clean as well as Hot Knife and from a manufacturers standpoint I will agree it will in many situations and overall it is an excellent choice.

Encap GREEN far outsells Hot Knife, but we have some customers that will not use anything else but Hot Knife.

Bottom line? You can't go wrong with either product!

Steve
P.S. If things continue as they have for the past month and a half, Peroxcellent will take Encap GREEN's place as our #1 seller. A bit more time will tell.

I hope others will give their opinions too!
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I WANT THE TRUTH!

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
We've used Hot Knife for years but have never used Encap Green, how do they compare in price per gallon and dilution.

I hear someone is having a Halloween sale on Vacaway Chems! Cool
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(10-18-2010, 04:03 PM)Richardc Wrote: We've used Hot Knife for years but have never used Encap Green, how do they compare in price per gallon and dilution.

I hear someone is having a Halloween sale on Vacaway Chems! Cool

Richard, both dilute at 4oz PG. EG is $140 per case and HK is $137.50
Bottom line: They dilute the same and there is very little difference in price.

Jimmy: "You can't handle the truff!"
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I am one of those old standouts who prefer Hot Knife. I only use it on commercial. When it comes to residential, I will only use HWE.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Same here Morty.

I even use it on that polyester commercial furniture.

Spray it on with my multisprayer and either wipe with a towel or a round 8 inch tuway hand bonnet.

I need to get some of that perox stuff for all the pee and coffee stains I find in those retirement homes.

SprAY aND wIPE bABY!

sPRAy AND wIPE!

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I've used EncapGreen on most residential carpets. HotKnife, I have found to perform better on residential olefin and most commercial accounts.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I want to weigh in.

NO one asked about Peroxcellent....but being I do 99% trashed out rentals.... and have used EG/HK...I can say IMO perxy beats em both hands down on the nasty stuff (residential) but it is more expensive to use that either.

I NEVER clean, clean carpet. If I did, EG wud be my go-to choice.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I am looking forward in using Peroxellent next week on a rat nasty, pet trashed, living room. Will post before and after pics if someone reminds me.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I haven't used HK in a long time but IMO , EG green can handle the worst carpets just as well as HK. But you have to work harder at it,

EG needs a good pre scrub and some dwell time on the bad ones. Maybe a little more pre spotting on the general spots /stains.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(10-19-2010, 03:24 PM)Andy Mc Wrote: I haven't used HK in a long time but IMO , EG green can handle the worst carpets just as well as HK. But you have to work harder at it,

EG needs a good pre scrub and some dwell time on the bad ones. Maybe a little more pre spotting on the general spots /stains.

...I have found the same....but time is money....HotKnife was properly named....just sayin'
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(10-18-2010, 07:10 PM)Jimmy Wrote: Same here Morty.

I even use it on that polyester commercial furniture.

Spray it on with my multisprayer and either wipe with a towel or a round 8 inch tuway hand bonnet.

I need to get some of that perox stuff for all the pee and coffee stains I find in those retirement homes.

SprAY aND wIPE bABY!

sPRAy AND wIPE!

I like to say Wax on bABY!
and WaX oFF!!!

Big Grin
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
So has Peroxcellent taken the lead as the best seller yet?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2010, 01:40 PM)Brian R Wrote: So has Peroxcellent taken the lead as the best seller yet?

It has for the last 45 days Brian... however I will give it more time before changing it as such on our website. For the last 30 days it has been 4 gal of Peroxcellent to 3 gallons of Encap GREEN... that was for regular carpet cleaners we sell to. I did have one distributor that bought 12 cases of Peroxcellent to 3 cases of Encap GREEN.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
So is the peroxcellent good for padcapping residential?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2010, 02:22 PM)Brian R Wrote: So is the peroxcellent good for padcapping residential?

Yes, it can certainly be used for padcapping residential.

Some are only using it when they feel it is needed such as when there are a lot of stains, such as urine, coffee, cola, etc. It does cost a bit more to use than Encap GREEN because of 10 oz per gallon dilution vs 4 oz per gallon.

Others are using it exclusively not worrying about the few extra pennys per job.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I'm cheap, I've been counting my pennies, but it sure works good, we have some on hand for stained and abused carpet.

Normally we are going to use Hot Knife, Snake Oil or Pad Cap Pro and save the Peroxcellent for the problems.

I like Releasit too, but since it doesn't spray well, we use other products more often since they can be both shower fed and sprayed.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Quote:Others are using it exclusively not worrying about the few extra pennys per job.

I just recleaned a unit I had done last year with HWE/TM massive heat and high ph juices.

Last year I burned up 2 gallons of gas and went through 2 hydro sprayers of juice at 5 bucks each. Looked ok.

Today I used zero gas and went through 2 gallons of RTU Peroxcellent.

Today it looked better than last year.

so comparing it to TM use, hands-down it is a no brainer.

It is in a class all by itself. Can't compare it to any other juice if you clean carpet for a living.

Never ever confuse cost reduction for profit increase.

Pass the expense on. Your cable guy did.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Quote:Never ever confuse cost reduction for profit increase.
Phil I hate you fo making me look bad and as soon as I save up enough pennies I'm coming down to show you. Tongue

.....oh don't expect a fight, heck I'm going to do worse to you.

I'm moving in with ya for the winter, Floridia will be lookin purty good around January...Kansas winters are rough! Cool

Reply }}
Thanks given by: